- February 11, 2020
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: Famous App Analysis, Food Delivery App Development
Among the fast-growing business in the world, the hospitality industry in food delivery stands out with several food delivery apps. Amidst the pandemic, the online food delivery apps market has increased $30 billion in the U.S. With the increase in the demand for eating healthy and delicious cuisine, more and more food delivery mobile applications are upcoming. With the availability of food delivery mobile app, customers can enjoy delicious food at the comfort of their home or any convenient place. Are you also thinking of creating an app according to your requirement? You can easily get the cost of making an app in India and develop one.
Zomato and Swiggy have always been listed at the top of food delivery apps by helping customers find famous restaurants, order their best dishes and have them delivered to their doorstep in minutes. These apps have been able to meet user expectations in every way due to their top-quality features. You can equally leverage this demand for restaurants finder apps by developing an app like Zomato and Swiggy and understand “how much it costs to make an app like zomato “.
Let us dig in some of the latest features which helps us find the answer to this question “How to make app like zomato” and develop app like Zomato. It will also define the factors which affect the cost of making an app in India. Before we proceed to the discussion, let us discuss some of the components of the discussion included in the topic of “How much does it costs to build a food delivery app like zomato”:
Components of food delivery app like Zomato:
- Customer side
- Delivery side
- Restaurant side
- Admin side
- Customer Side
As soon as the customer logs into the app, he can find the best cuisine among the different menus available in the food delivery mobile app. He/she needs to place the order after observing the rates and the availability of food items.
2. Delivery side
The delivery boy offer the conveniences of getting the food on time. As soon as the customer places the order, the delivery person gets a notification.
Placing the order
This procedure allows the customer to check the ongoing orders and their time of delivery. This process includes every completed and pending order. Proper planning is involved to check the timing of the placement of the order.
Accept or reject an order
The delivery person can get the maximum good reviews when he/she delivers the food on time. Hence he/she can accept the order only when he knows if he can do so. He /she can reject it if he is not able to make it.
This option lets the delivery person track the order and keep an eye on the delivery of the food within the given time interval.
Call to customers
This option available in the food delivery mobile application lets the customers call the delivery person or vice-versa to get information about the location and the time of delivery.
It helps the customer to update their location and help the delivery person reaches you on time.
The e-sign page helps you get the authorized signature of the customer who gets the order.
3. Restaurant side
It gives the details related to what the owners can see when the customers log into the app. The features include customer profiles and requests. In most food delivery apps like Zomato, the customers and restaurant owners share the majority of the app features.
4. Admin Side
The admin panel is utilized to manage the entire application which includes every activity of the users.
After a detailed explanation, it’s time to get into the features of the app to help us understand the “the cost of making an app in India”
How much does it costs to make an app like zomato
Before discussing the details of cost, let us go through the features of food delivery apps.
Food delivery app like Zomato development features
Access Control Page
Again the question arises “How much does it costs to make an app like zomato” is dependent upon a number of features. The app like Zomato must have an access control page where users can easily sign up as soon the app gets downloaded in their mobile handsets. They can register their email address or social media account using OTP. Both the customers and the restaurant owners can enter their details which are captured into the app.
The home page is the introductory page which must be visible to customers when they login into the application. The following are some of the features:
Details of the restaurant
The restaurant name, address, the different cuisines offered, the category of restaurant, and different images of the dishes and services entices customers.
Ratings and reviews
Customers always search for feedback when they want to settle down for any restaurant. These genuine reviews always help other customers and also enhance the efficiency of the restaurant in terms of service delivery.
Make sure you include the user profile in your food delivery apps like Zomato. Here the users can share a list of their favorite dishes and restaurants. It saves the user’s searching time also.
The user profile is important to understand their food preference. In this way, the customers can get the customized notifications to customers for all the available offers and discounts.
Geolocation Feature with Map Facility
Geolocation facility is something which is a must-have in food delivery apps like Zomato. The search can be done based on a relevant keyword and a list of restaurants popup. These facilities help to locate nearby eateries and restaurants.
The menu and the price details
When the users find it easy to check the price and the favorite dish cost, they can search it in a hassle-free manner.
Which method can help your customers informed about the food delivery mobile applications? Yes, the push notifications and a messaging platform can help customers know the offers. The users will be able to send messages to restaurants in case of any concerns related to the restaurant. These push notifications can help the restaurant owners of incoming messages so that they can be attended to promptly.
The food delivery app development cost in India plays the major role behind the development of the app and its features. These features contribute a major share in the mobile app development cost. These are as follows:
Managing Online orders
A robust database allows the users to include every detail of their order. The food delivery apps like Zomato should consist of the cuisine they want, the delivery time, and address. In this way, the restaurant owner finds it easy to get the order on time.
Social media pages
The food delivery mobile applications must allow the customers to share the images of their cuisine, restaurant details, and the experience they had. In this way, restaurant owners can also interact with their customers through social media pages.
This section allows the admin to make additional features and block others. Other functions of this page include;
- Usage analytics
- Cash report
- Intercom support
How much does it cost to build a food delivery app like Swiggy and Zomato?
This is the most common question among enterprises and large-scale businesses. Zomato is one of the famous food delivery apps which offers world-class services to people around the globe. It offers myriad services like delivering delicious food from nearby restaurants to customers to help them relish the various delicacies at the comfort of your house.
How is Zomato different from other food ordering apps?
Founded in 2008, Zomato is a leading food delivery app that has now become operational in 23 countries. It has covered over a million restaurants across 10,000+ cities. This famous food delivery app development in India delivers the best-in-class delicious food from the best chain of restaurants. It offers a diversity of restaurants and a great number of delivery people to pick and drop off food. Offering high-quality food delivery services that serve the demands of people is a great business investment. On an additional note, every food delivery app development is unique and focuses on special structure functionality. The development costs are greatly expensive, but the cost depends upon different circumstances and points included to develop the food delivery app.
The USP features of Zomato:
- Pre-booking tables: If you don’t want to wait long to get your order, Zomato is the best food ordering app that lets customers book a table of their choice in advance.
- Exploring great restaurants: Users can explore nearby restaurants in the nearby location. For instance, if you want to place the order for a grilled sandwich, you can get a list of amazing restaurants which serves the delicious sandwich.
- Special discounts or Promo Coupons: This food delivery app development in India offers the customers special discounts or applies promo coupons on an occasional basis to make the customers go gaga over the delicious delight.
The business model for the Zomato:
Food delivery apps like Zomato works on-demand business model for food. Whenever any customer places an order, the nearby restaurant gets a notification regarding the food and even the nearby delivery boy also gets a notification regarding the type of food, and the restaurant from which they must fetch food and the time he which must deliver food.
The basic functionality and features of “How to make app like zomato “consist of :
- Admin Log-in
- Management of the restaurant
- Management of application
- Order management
- Technical payment gateways
- Payment management
User App of the food delivery mobile applications
- The user must be able to view the basic restaurant information like an updated menu list consisting of the latest food items, restaurant pictures, location, contact number, user reviews, and ratings.
- The easy search features allow searing the nearby cafes, lip-smacking cuisines, and a lot more in a hassle-free manner.
- The user can the real-time availability of the tables and then make the booking
- Easy payment options like a credit card, debit, Paytm, Google pay, and Paypal must be available.
- Customer reviews matter a lot, hence you must share reviews of favourite restaurants and food with their friends and family.
- The food is available 24*7.
- Food orders can be made in advance.
- Easy sign-up process, sign up with their social media accounts. With the help of social media handles, the users can comment upon their experience, their cuisines, and a lot more.
- The tracking feature helps you to keep an eye on the delivery timing and have communication with the delivery person.
- Trip information
- Route optimization
- Contact user information
Things you need to consider before developing a food ordering mobile app like Zomato
If you want to create a food ordering mobile app like Zomato, then the following considerations must be followed:
- Navigation is something which makes a person easy to search, place the order in a hassle-free manner, easy navigation for different pages is a must.
- 24*7 support is something every food delivery mobile application must adhere to.
- A great design always attracts a consumer hence a good UI/UX plays a crucial role in the success of any app.Whenever the person wants to place an order, he must log in to the app on the prior note. The customer must have relevant information about the user like contact number, email id, and password. This information helps to track and offer personalized services to customers.
- Food is something which the customer always to see it updated with the best cuisines. Every food item should be appropriately classified along with the description.
- The restaurant’s location, timings, contact number, menu, etc.
- The customers must be allowed to add or delete items in the cart. And he/ she must be able to apply the promo codes, offers, coupons available.
- The payment gateway must be safe and secure.
- Customers should be able to track the locations of the delivery person and understand where their order has reached.
- The customer support services must be provided via chat or email.
- Customer genuine reviews must be added so that the people can easily understand the restaurant and its services.
How Much It Costs To Make An App Like Zomato?
The development of food delivery apps like Zomato cost depends upon the selection of the type of platform. Since the development of apps must be done in both the Ios and android, it can be a daunting task. It is better to hire food delivery app developers to get a customized app.
Depending upon the additional features, the Zomato app development cost will differ depending upon several critical factors such as
- App platform
Several features can be included in your app. The more features the bugger your app will be. Hence it is advisable to incorporate some unnecessary elements to start with a Minimum Viable Product. An MVP has great features which allow adding features based upon customer’s requirements and preferences.
The food delivery apps like Zomato have easy to use and user-friendly design with an attractive interface. It makes them attract and retain more users. Get in contact with a reliable app development company to get a great app design.
To create a food delivery app like Zomato consider designing an app across multiple platforms since the customer’s preference can vary according to requirements. The apps developed for android devices can be developed at reasonable costs as compared to iOS devices.
App development team
The app development cost varies from one geographical location to another. The team consists of a project manager, UI/UX designers, platform developers, and web developers.
How much it costs to make an app like Zomato?
The basic version of the app with MVP features and simple UI/UX, then prices could go up
$7,000 to $10,000 for the development of all three apps. Moreover, if you want to add any advanced set of features, then prices can increase between $35,000 to $50,000.
If you are looking for the Swiggy type app development cost for the iOS platform, then cost is divided into
- License fee: $300
- The fee of app hosting: $99/app
- App developer fees: $7000 (developer with average skills)
- Overall development cost at $7500.
On average, Cost of making an app in India might cost approx $26000 for an iOS app and approximately $27000 for an Android one.
Since technical knowledge is required to build an app like Zomato. Therefore, it is good to hire food delivery app developers
How do you hire a professional for building an app like Zomato?
- Make a list of your requirements
- Search developers using reliable sources.
- Hire an experienced team of developers who can create a fantastic app for you.
- Get in contact with a skilled group of developers having 5-6 years of experience.
For developing a basic version of your Zomato like a mobile app, you will require
- A UI and UX designer
- 2-4 Developers
- Testing engineer
- Backend Developer
- Project Manager
For developing an app with mixed features, you will need
- Project Manager
- UI/UX designer
- 2-4 developers
- Testing Engineer
- 2–3 backend developers
- Admin panel developer
For developing an advanced version of the app, you will require
- Team Manager/Project Manager
- 2 UI/UX designer
- 3-5 developers
- Testing Engineer
- 3-4 backend developers
- Admin panel developer
The Final Word
By following the above-mentioned tactics, you would have an estimation of “how much it costs to make an app like Zomato.” These food delivery apps like Zomato must a keen business focus, review visibility, offer great discounts, the simple designs, innovate and explore the brand effectively, the customer interaction and must target the niche audience can create a unique selling proposition and make your food delivery app a different name.